Year 1 and 2 home learning
We hope that you all enjoy a restful summer holiday. We can't wait to see you all again in September.
If you or your child would like any further activities then you can use the link on our useful websites and home learning page here.
If you need any help with passwords or access then please email us on:
We will endeavour to try to help and try to respond as soon as possible. Please appreciate that we may not be able to help with all issues remotely.
Don’t forget to read every day!
You can read books from home but also don’t forget to login to Bug Club and read the books that have been allocated to you. (Your login is on the front of your Reading Diary) Your teacher will be able to see which books you have read and how well you have done on the quiz! Good luck!
Look in the phonics section below to find other places where you can read online for free!
- Share a book with someone in your house. Can you draw a picture of your favourite character in a fiction book and write a description?
- Read a non-fiction book and think of 3 questions that can be answered by your book.
- Login to Phonics Play Comics using the link below and read some of the comics available.
If you are running low on books to read, there are lots of short little comic books on this website linked to the phonic phases for you to enjoy and practise your phonics.
There are lots of books for you to read in the ‘My Bookshelf’ section of Oxford Owl if you are running low on Bug Club.
Click on the class login
Username: RWyear2 (the password has been previously sent via text message)
KS1 Additional Maths Activities
- Login to Numbots (logins are on reading diaries) and complete an activity. (Try and do this at least twice over the week)
- Login to Times Tables Rock Stars (Year 2s only) and practise your times tables facts. (Try and do this at least 3 times over the week)
- Login to the Hit The Button website and practise your mental arithmetic. (Try and do this at least twice over the week)